Saturday, November 06, 2004

Men Arrested

Secret Police came and arrested three men down the street very early this morning. I wouldn't have even known antyhing was going on, except there were shots fired. They woke me up.

I am still shaking like a jefflyfish tumbling in a wave.

I was so scar3d tha t I was shaking and I laid on the floor too scared to look out the window. I'm still shaking.

Only one of them was Arab and he didn't even have a beard, if it was the neighbor that I'm thinking it was. I don't know really, the media is keeping it under hushcover. There are rumours of a great anger in the streets and much gossip too about the way the Police treated the men, who had been boisterous for days (much angry hollering and broken bottles thrown out the window), hanging anti-Bush paraphenalia in the windows of their apartment.

There was a drawing of Bush being Saddamized by Hussein himself which they burned in effigy yesterday. It seemed like triumphent moment until this morning when the Police came. I'm sorry if this is n't making any sense, but I am very scared and I don't know what to think.

At the Bagdad Cafe this morning where I went for Croissant and Cafe, the neighborhood intellectuals were discussing these affairs, but the Arab men were just quiet talking amongst them selves. It was eery. I think maybe their afraid also. May be they believe they have to keep there mouths shut and be good Bush puppy dogs, because the government might be listning.

On the way back to my apartment three military jets flew over in a dominating militaristic formation. There were Police men on the street croners. Every body in the city is obeying all the rules, no one even dares to jaywalk. And, if they do, they are immedate3ly stopped and hassled by the police who are every where, let me tell you. The people of my town just walk like there're just going to stare straight ahead, all the time, and not look at each other.

But not down towwards the East side where they are playing revolutionary hip hop in the windows of the apartments.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pastorius said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Screaming Memes and Daisty The lamb,

We can only hope that the East side reamains vible. The African-American and his keen appreciation of oppression are are only saving grace these days , in these trying times.

I try to think about our mutlicultural haritage and how important it is to our foundation. It is all we can cling to now.

Have a nice day,

Summerspring

9:34 PM  
Blogger Pastorius said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Whom It May Concern,

The clock is humming assiduously and the locust are making every effort to eat my eyes.

I wish for help , but I know at last that none is to come.

Sincerely,

The Plimsoul

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Water Damage Restoration Perris said...

Great sharre

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home